Welcome to Mary's Blog, Author of FIRST ROSE

FIRST ROSE is a book I felt an urgency to write. I had listened to so many accounts of near death experiences, visions and dreams that needed to be shared. When I began to write this fictional reality novel, so many of what I had heard flooded my mind and helped me describe with incredible detail what I was seeing as I wrote. It will make the reader wonder if it is real or not!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

What CD Inspired the Writing of First Rose?

www.tolag.org/kimwilcox.html

I found it noteworthy that I had just listened to my son's new cd in the car before going to the back porch (deck) and sitting in the swing. It was almost immediately after I had entered into worship with God (during the music and lyrics of "Drinking with Horses")that I walked from the car and noticed the rosebush filled with Spring blooms smothering the railing of the deck. I plucked the "first rose" of Spring, looked deep into its red velvety petals and heard the voice of the Lord speak to me about how much beauty He had put into the rose, which is just a temporal thing, and how much more beautiful would be the eternal. It was then I decided to imagine with as much creative mental ability as I could, Heavenly things. From that came the inspiration to write it down. As I wrote, the inspiration began to flow so easily that I kept writing every day until at the end of four weeks, I had completed an entire book describing in intricate detail all I had imagined. The Heavenly city came alive in my mind and I could see things about Heaven I had never seen before. Did the cd have anything to do with the inspiration? I cannot tell but it was an important part of the atmosphere that day.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, worship and spending time with God does change the atmosphere. Thus, allowing creativity and God's voice to flow through. Although any intimate worship CD may have sufficed, I'm thankful to God it was our CD that foreran that day. God is the Author of "our" creativity. Love, Michael

    ReplyDelete